Terms & Conditions for Hiking.fo
All cancellations must be made by e-mail. Hiking.fo is making every effort to ensure the best protection for the client in case of cancellations.
These terms apply to day tours and activities booked on Hiking.fo when cancelled by traveller:
- a) For cancellations more than 48 hours before the start of the activity, you will receive a full refund (small processing cost taken by the payment provider).
- b) For cancellations 48 hours or less before the start of the activity or in case of no-show, no refund.
Cancellations by Tour operator
Hiking.fo reserves the right to cancel due to bad weather and technical problems. Please note that the tour operator evaluates and makes the decision to cancel the tour due to bad weather, not the customer. In this case, we first try to re-schedule, if not possible, the customer will be refund (a small transaction fee is taken by the payment provider).
Terms & Conditions
If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not use Hiking.fo or affiliated websites.
Hiking.fo may change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these Terms & Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Guide to Faroe Islands. Your continued use of Hiking.fo or a Hiking.fo-affiliated website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use content owned by Hiking.fo (inclusive of text, images, URLs, pricing information, etc.) in any way except for your own personal use.
Any commercial use of Hiking.fo content requires the prior written permission of Hiking.fo.
You agree to use Hiking.fo and Hiking.fo-affiliated websites only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of Hiking.fo.
Your use of Hiking.fo or any Hiking.fo-affiliated sites is intended for personal, use and/or to make legitimate requests to book the products or services offered. You agree not to use this site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent requests. You agree not to use robots or other automated means to access this site, unless specifically permitted by Hiking.fo.
You represent and warrant that you (a) have not previously been suspended by Hiking.fo or otherwise banned from the site; (b) are not a direct competitor of Hiking.fo; (c) that you have full power and authority to enter into these Terms of Service and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
Hiking.fo does not operate any tours but directs you to tours operated by operators and service providers in the Faroe Islands. Neither does Hiking.fo charge users any fees, and as such, can not be liable for any accidents, losses, injuries, damages, delays, expenses due to any action or inaction on the part of the operator, guide or his/her services.
If you have any complaints about a tour or a local you were directed to through www.hiking.fo please let us know so we can help you address your grievances.
The email firstname.lastname@example.org directs to our team.
As the terms and conditions of each tour operator may vary, please read the terms and conditions of each operator you have purchased a tour from.
Check the voucher you receive on your email for details.
Pricing & Inclusions/Exclusions
All products, tours and services offered by Hiking.fo are valid as per the dates displayed at hiking.fo or any Hiking.fo-affiliated website. Occasionally suppliers and/or service providers make changes to tour dates, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, etc. Hiking.fo is not responsible or liable for any information of tours that it does not directly provide.
Prices listed on hiking.fo and Hiking.fo-affiliated websites are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices are based on the local tariff at the time of quoting, converted at the prevailing foreign-exchange rate as determined by Hiking.fo.
Price quotations are subject to change without notice, until booking is made.
Prices do not include tips/gratuities to tour directors, drivers or local guides; passport and visa fees; baggage and personal insurance; any items of a personal nature; and any beverages or food not specifically listed under “Inclusions” on the product pages of Hiking.fo or Hiking.fo-affiliated websites.
Passports, Visas & Insurance
It is the responsibility of all passengers, regardless of nationality and destination, to check with the consulate of the country they are visiting for current entry requirements.
As visa and health requirements are subject to change without notice, we recommend that you verify health and visa requirements with the appropriate consulate prior to departure.
Disclaimers & Limitations of Liability
Under no circumstances will Hiking.fo or its agents, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and/or distributors be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of guidetofaroeislands.fo regardless of the form of action.
Hiking.fo and its agents and suppliers, in making arrangements for hotels, tours, transportation or any service in connection with the itineraries of individual customers, shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity, liability or expense to person or property due to act of default by any hotel, carrier or other company or person providing services included in the tours.
Furthermore, Hiking.fo and its agents and suppliers accept no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, government restrains, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control.
Hiking.fo content – including the information, names, images, pictures, logos, prices, dates, and availability regarding or relating to Hiking.fo and/or to a Hiking.fo-affiliated website, service provider, operator and/or distribution partner is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
At Hiking.fo we check and recheck the details about all the products and services we offer for accuracy. However, Hiking.fo does not warrant that functionality, content or information contained on hiking.fo or any Hiking.fo-affiliated website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that hiking.fo or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or bugs.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Restrictions on Use
You agree that you will not, and will not assist or enable others to:
- use the site to threaten, stalk, defraud, incite, harass, or advocate the harassment of another person, or otherwise interfere with another user’s use of the site;
- use the site to submit or transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- use the site in a manner that may create a conflict of interest, such as trading reviews with
- other business owners or writing or soliciting reviews;
- use the site to promote bigotry or discrimination against protected classes;
- use the site to violate any third-party right, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- use the site to submit or transmit pornography or illegal content;
- use the site to solicit personal information from minors or to harm or threaten to cause harm to minors;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the site or any site Content;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means; use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”); use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; make excessive traffic demands; use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the site or site Content; remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.